Monday, November 16, 2015

So Very Challenging

Imagine a sweet and innocent Alicia in 4th period, realising that not only is she not quite the nicest person to others, she isn't amazingly wonderful toward herself. Imagine her talking to her friend about it. Imagine them both determining that they need to change, at least temporarily.

This happened today, and has caused me a dilemma. I enjoy making little jokes that are not the nicest toward myself or toward others, and I enjoy being able to use any word I wish, but sometimes I go a little overboard, then feel quite terrible about it. This happens to me on a regular basis, so I created a challenge for myself to neither swear or be mean to anyone, including siblings or myself. 
I need this book (Photo Credits)

As well as this one (Photo Credits)
Note, if you are reading this blog, there is a large chance that I can stand you. Now, approximately an hour after it started, I realised it is a lot more challenging than you would imagine when you bravely decide to do it with you friend.
Because I am doing this, I decided to write a positive post about things I like about the world, this is also sort of my Thanksgiving post. 
  • I like the people in the world, they inspire me every day and make me a better person, no matter what I do. 
  • This one is in light of recent tragedies. I love the fact that as soon as terrible things happen, people unite to help those in trouble, and those who are in trouble end up surviving, even though tragedies have occurred. 
  • I like that the fact that that the United States finally legalised gay marriage, even though it's long overdue.
  • I like the fact that no matter how slowly, developed countries are becoming more accepting of the world. 
  • I am thankful that I have caring and kind parents who pay for me. We're expensive.
  • I am so thankful for my friends because no matter how much I stray from ideal, they love me no matter what.
  • I love the fact that I have found something that gives my life purpose and gives me hope, but it challenges me to aspire for more. 
  • I am glad that no matter what, I have hope.
  • I love books and reading, the fact that I can pick up something light an dive into an alternate universe or a land far, far away. It gives me an escape and sometimes, when I'm stressed or feeling down, I can just end up fighting to death in an arena being cheered on by people with interesting hair.
I would love to write more because this makes me feel pretty happy about my life, but I have to go be an even better person by doing homework that isn't the most interesting but is still quite important. That kind of sounded nerdy but I admit, I am an English nerd and proud of it. 
PS: The post about how I embarrass myself is on it's way, as well as the blog post that I have written but don't have good pictures for yet. 

6 comments:

  1. Alicia,
    I love this blog soooooooo much!!!!!!!!!! I find myself looking forward to it and I love hearing what you have to say!!! Thank you for being so kind to me always, you don't need to change :)
    - Ali Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ali,
      Aww. Thank you so much❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I love you so much. Your blog is also pretty amazing and it's so easy to be kind to you when you're just such a great person.
      ❤️Alicia

      Delete
  2. I like you. A fair amount. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually i like you lots. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Claire, I like you lots too!❤️❤️❤️❤️
      ❤️Alicia

      Delete
  4. Alicia Whitty, you almost made me cry reading this. I love you so much and I'm so proud of you for working on your self positivity! You are the absolute best most inspiring person ever. Keep hope, always I love you!

    ReplyDelete