Saturday, March 12, 2016

So Very Disney (Part 1)

Hello fellow strangers and people I have pestered to read my blog,

So I have some extremely great news that I've just slowly been getting more and more excited about as the days near. So I'm going to Disneyland to perform in the Diamond Classic 60th Anniversary and dancing in the parade down Main Street, USA. We're going to be filmed and have to do a high intensity, extremely energetic 1 and a half minute loop approximately 20 times down the street and it is going to be the best thing ever! I am honestly so excited.

The costume that our studio has, is a short, turquoise, fluffy dress. Each studio has a different costume but all of us are required to wear tights and white Keds while dancing in 80 degree heat. We've been practicing on the street in 40 something degree heat so we learn to move forward.
"Damn Disney, back at it again with the white Keds"
Quote by Alex, picture from Keds
We're going to be backstage, and have a rehearsal with a lot of other people and it's going to be great. After the parade, in order to get back to our parents, we're going to be able to walk the infamous tunnels under Disneyland. Plus, we're going to be performing for Disney. I am such an immature and Disney loving person that I just can't get over it.

An even better part of this that just adds everything up to be the best birthday present ever is that I get to do it with my friends. I know that me, Taylor, Rachael, Lucie, and Savvy are on the same flight as me. And I know I will never get bored of them because they're all freaking hilarious and amazing and pretty and nice and amazing dancers and inspire me every day (Foreshadowing to a future blog post). Honestly, I don't know what I would do without them because they're just such supportive friends. The age difference between us is a few years and in high school, that is usually a big deal but we just always get along so well.

There are going to be a lot of people at Disneyland, considering California is going to be on spring break as well as us. This might not be too great for people in the parade that have stage fright. Usually this would bother me since we're going to a theme park, but as said, I am not worried at all that I'm not going to be bored at all.

So back to the dancing in the parade part, I am going to leave next Friday and perform on Saturday and Sunday. I'm hoping to learn what it's like to be a member of Disneyland. Plus, if I ever want to work for Disney in the future, this might give me a slight bit of an advantage. Well that's all I have time to write today, but I'll write more after or during Disney.
~Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment