Tuesday, May 3, 2016

So Very Disney (Part 3)

Hello fellow strangers and people I have pestered to read my blog,

We're here, finally, the home stretch of so very disney, the final part. Considering I had to have three parts to explain how much I enjoyed this experience, you probably already know how wonderful this was to me as well as why I am having a very short introduction to this post. Now, back to the story,

Disneyland was so much fun (Picture credits to me)
Saturday morning, I wake up in the Grand Californian hotel from the room service coming early and my mom groggily answering the door. I change into my tan onesie and clothes to wear over it, my bag already packed for the parade. We turn on HGTV (it's become a travel tradition), and eat the most wonderful granola and fruit breakfast ever. Then, I get my face ready for the competition, which takes a surprisingly large amount of time and energy, and slick back my hair using mousse in a coffee cup that I got from the Volmrichs. I put on my Park City Dance jacket and book it to the lobby to meet everyone else. We then wait for the Volmrichs and leave to Small World, where we are meeting for the parade. Here, I learn that we're the absolute last group to march in the parade.

Fast forward a few hours past the Staff Members Only sign when we're waiting in anticipation as the 540 dancers in front of us head out the gates and we see Peter Pan and Ariel backstage (SQUEE!!!). We burst out with as much energy as we could get, which considering we were practicing in a high altitude place then went to sea level, was quite a lot. I could see some people doing the dance with us, as they had already seen 540ish other dancers performing this. It was such a rush and I didn't even mind how sweaty I was. I wasn't really tired after performing it for over 20 minutes straight and I thank adrenaline for that, but my feet were so sore.

After changing and wiping off sweat and excessive amounts of makeup with a towelette, me and some others went on a few rides including my first loop coaster, California Screaming. Then, it was time for us to leave and rest for the performance the next day.

Sunday, we performed a dance to the song 'Better When I'm Dancing', by Meghan Trainor with everyone from the studio that came to Disney. Backstage we saw some people from Japan performing with batons and they looked so good. Anyway, after the stage performance, I went with the Volmrichs, Ali Herman, Faith and her sister, Rian, and a guide (thanks to the Volmrichs) around Disneyland. The guide let us skip the lines so we got to go on whatever rides we wanted whenever we wanted, so we posed quite a bit on California Screaming (see picture). That was amazing.

So overall the entire experience was truly magical. To summarize the entirety of So Very Disney, all I have to say is thank you Dance the Magic, thank you Park City Dance and thank you Volmrichs and other friends for making this such an amazing experience.

-Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment